Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Honey Bee Stamps - Car Show

Hello friends,

After a long time I am sharing a post here. Now a days, Instagram and FB works faster than blog posts. But the cards I made form these sets need a spotlight. I want to make it a practice where you make all the possible designs you can think of in one go. I did one such post with Penny Black stamp. You can check it HERE.

I love this stamp sets by Honey Bee stamp - car show & You're a classic and a stencil Flames. These products coordinate beautifully and works well for masculine cards for which we all struggle a lot.
So, lets start with the cards.

First card is inspired by a vintage car poster

Image result for vintage car posters


I masked the bottom part of the light beige card and used sun ray stencil by mft to ink and clear emboss the rays in brick red distress oxide. I flipped the stencil to ink the mirror image of rays in light beige ink. I stamped, color and fussy cut car. I did light beige copic shading (matching to the card stock) and stenciled sun rays on the glass window of the car to make it look transparent. Finally, i stamped the sentiment using archival ink as i was stamping on clear embossed parts. I just love how it turned out .

Next card is comparatively simple but i had fun putting all those elements together.


I used an old postcard and travelling journal card print from DCWV maps & ledger stack. I made a back drop with them for a blue vintage car. I also added postal stamps and sliver of map print for the ground from the same stack. Very happy with the layout. What do you think?

Next card uses the magnificent stencil. 


I use different altenew inks to stencil on white card stock. Car is colored with copics. Added a golden frame to panel. 

Last one is ditto like Kelly Latevola's video HERE

I used different altenew inks to stamp and color images. Sentiment is from Avery Elle set. Honestly, I was nerves on how to use these stamps as I have never worked with this theme before. So I watched her video and made this first card which was kind of ice breaker for me. 

I hope you like the cards. Hopefully, i will be back soon yet again with one more theme and honey bee stamps.
Thank you so much for being here. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. They make my day little brighter!