Pages

Monday, May 28, 2018

Dragonfly wishes

I am sharing two cards which I made using the stamp sets by Crafter's Companion called Flying Dragonflies and Wishes set by Pink & Main . Both are Mini hence pocket friendly & I have showcased how easily you can create different looking cards with the same stamps. Flying dragon flies is a single red rubber stamp. I trimmed it and separated both dragonflies for the ease of stamping. Do not afraid to cut your stamps, just be careful while doing so.



For the first card, I stamped the sentiment on Tim Holtz Water color card stock  using Black archival ink and Dragonflies with coffee archival ink. I used archival inks as they are water proof. Colored each dragonfly with different shades of distress inks. I mounted the water color card panel on 4.25x5.5inches top folded card.



For the second card, I embossed the large dragon fly on Let'z craft vellum using versamark & Ranger white embossing powder. I fussy cut the fly and used green copic on the back of the wings to give little bit of color.




I used  moss green card stock for the base on which I splattered some papericious white chalk paint . I love to use chalk paints for splatters on cs as they are quite thick and opaque. I also use a small, wonky panel of gaza grey cs. Initially i stamped large wishes stamp from pink & main set in grey on this panel but after a while the stamping became invisible as i had used very light ink so I stamped it using black archival ink across the panel. I also embossed small birthday from the same set on a stripe of white cs.



So it is easy to create two totally different looking cards using the same stamps if you think and plan. While shopping for supplies, always look for the versatility of stamps, how many ways you can use it, how it goes with your existing supply etc. That way you can get the maximum worth of your money! Be smart, save some & create more...:)
Happy Crafting, gals! See you soon!



2 comments:

  1. They are great! I have to try embossing on a vellum. It looks so delicate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. They make my day little brighter!