Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Masculine Card

Hello Friends,

I made today's card for a friend. She requested one for her husband who turned 50! And I took this opportunity to use my new PTI stamp set - Road Signed ! When they released this set, i knew I wanted it. I always struggle for masculine cards and this has quite masculine feel as well as excellent play on words. I love this set as it can be used for multiple occasions and for any age. I also got this Number set which co-ordinates with signs.


Isn't that fun? 
I wanted the tone of card very positive & fun. I wanted to enhance  the beautiful journey which stats after 50. For that , I added few printed sentiments so that all the signs will sing a chorus. For example, I added enjoy the detour under 'stop' , printed 'hesitate to' in between 'do not enter' and it was road to success which I changed  to road to happiness. This is what I love about a product-vesatility. Had a tough time arranging all of them but love the end result. 


My friend's son who is a wanna be chef and an intern at very prestigious hotel in San Francisco. I knew he was not going to be there for his dad's birthday so I made one more card on behalf of him using my MFT stamp set -Recipe for  Happiness - a perfect match.




I have used copics for coloring and spellbinder embossing folder for background.

I had a blast making these two beauties. Hope you will like them too.

Thanks for visiting. 


6 comments:

  1. Yes, your cards are super fun and so clever ! I loved how you mixed and matched the conventional road signs to make some fun birthday sentiments. I'm very sure it must have taken a lot of planning and brainstorming for that. Love both the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I totally agree with Jasleen very Clever cards and perfect masculine ! Each word on them has meaning and each image a purpose!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are adorable!! I LOVE the first one with those fun signs. I need to get this set because I also struggle with masculine cards. The second set is too cute. I LOVE that chef!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your masculine cards are absolutely fun and wonderfully customized! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both your cards are totally fun! I thought the first one is not your usual style but you have nailed it! And the second one is apt for a Chef! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best masculine card I have seen :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. They make my day little brighter!