Pages

Friday, January 25, 2019

January- Thyroid Awareness Month

Hello friends,


 

Today, I am posting this card as part of of a blog hop which is organized by my awesome friend , Milka to spread awareness of the need for preventive screening and early detection of thyroid disease to avoid unpleasant illnesses and dangerous complications.

Along with me there are total 26 designers from all over the world taking part in this hop. I feel honored to be part of this hop. Milka, I am thankful to you to invite me for this initiative.

The aim of the hop is to support Thyroid Awareness Month and to raise public awareness of the importance of a Thyroid Gland and problems it can cause when not working properly.Thyroid disorders pose a significant threat when prolonged or in the acute presentation, and are potentially serious disorders with symptoms that range from non-specific constitutional to subtle or frank neuropsychiatric symptoms. 

Being a Hypothyroid ( when the thyroid gland activity is abnormally low) patient for last 10 years myself, this hop is close to my heart. I am dealing with weight gain, edema, thinning hairline, dry skin, poor memory etc. I have to take my medication for the rest of my life and still have to deal with all those symptoms. I have to be very careful with my diet and constantly struggle to loose weight (Which is not happening - no matter how hard I try, I gain it back so fast - so easily) . I have to  keep adjusting the dose of the medication too. I’ve learned my body well enough to know when I’m feeling like I need to adjust medication dosage . Medicine is necessary to balance the hormone but you need yoga, meditation and exercise to keep your stress level under control. Between medication and lifestyle change I've learnt to live my life happily! So you can imagine  how crafting is helping me to deal with these crappy disease. 

So coming to the crafting part, I made this card around the sentiment. We were suppose to use the blue color, paisley and butterfly as the thyroid gland looks like butterfly. 


The butterfly is from Verve Stamps( sadly... they are no longer in business) , paisley from papertrey ink and sentiment is by MFT. 




Yes, life is tough but we are way stronger than we think! I feel Challenges are what make life interesting.

All of the details for this hop can be found here, on Milka's blog!
there are giveaways along this month long hop. Please check the blog hop order below!





I really hope you will join our blog hop! Thank you for being here!



22 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card Neha!! Everything is put together so well in place! The butterfly, the paisleys, the lovely background and the perfect sentiment! :)
    And I do understand what you have been going through, sailing on the same boat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Neha! It's a tough one, but we can manage it with the help of medication, thank goodness, along with all the other things you mentioned. When it comes to crafting, you are hard to top! This card with both paisleys and a brilliant butterfly, the debossed texture, and the perfect sentiment is nothing short of spectacular! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty butterfly and love the blue paisleys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card and composition mam! I'm your big fan of your cardmaking style! I feel so sorry to hear about all the stuggles you go through! But just like sentiment you are tougher!! Thank you so much mam for the inspiration for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE how you combined paisley and butterflies on your card, Neha!
    Bold and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the theme "Paisley and Butteflies", Neha. Lovely card.

    I'm looking forward to supporting Milka's blog Hop and I'm proud to be one of the designers involved in the team. Also great, that I get to know new people and so also your creative work ! Greetings from Germany,

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card, I love the butterfly, just a shame yet another crafting company has gone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card.
    I too am hypothyroid.
    It’s been at least 10 years
    for me. I need to try yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card ma'am! Love the embossed panel and those paislies are gorgeous. Yoga is magical indeed, hope this thyroid doesn't trouble you much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love the layering and textures! Pretty paisley design and butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card with beautiful design and color! Wonderful butterfly! I, too, am hypothyroid. Thinning hair, being cold and tired are my main issues. Yes, it's good to improve stress and take care of yourself. Reading, crafting, crocheting helps. Yoga would be a great idea to try! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love how you've managed to include both paisley and butterflies. This blog hop has been a real eye opener for me, I never realised so many people were affected by thyroid problems. Sending you hugs and best wishes for your ongoing fight with it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a Gorgeous card Neha ..as usual beautifully designed..Love your unique style ...So sorry to hear that you have to go through so much...Sending hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Neha, gorgeous cards you made :-)) I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! The texture, the colour, the cause! All fabulous. Love this <3 Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for raising awareness about thyroid problems!!! This is a great hop!!!
    Love your beautiful butterfly card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic idea for the awesome design...gorgeous card xx...Željka

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. They make my day little brighter!