Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Be creative with Alphabet Die


Hello Friends,


Today, I am here with two cards using Let'z Craft alphabet die. An alphabet die and a stamp set is very much necessary for a crafter as it gives you liberty to make your own sentiments.  Currently that particular die is sold out but you can use THIS die instead of that.
Fiestcard showcase the partial die cutting technique. Here I have also used Altene Floral Shadow stamp set. ( You can see more cards using this set HERE )


The word "YOU" is connected at the bottom with that panel. I took a 4.25x5 inch Let'z craft white card stock panel. I used 3 colors of oxides to blend on 2/3 of my panel to create this gradient look . I stamped 2 branches from the altenew set using a bit darker oxides and daubers
Below is pictorial on how to do partial die cutting.



Align your letters on a grid paper. Use masking tape to hold them together. Now, draw a marking line on your panel where you want to add your sentiment. Arrange taped letters slightly below the line. While die cutting, align your cutting plate ( top plate ) on the pencil line in such a way that it will cover most part of the letters except the one hanging below the line. I forgot to take the picture of this step but i edited it in PS to show it. Hope it makes sense...:)



Once the letters are cut, cut the panel along the line with ruler and paper cutter. Now you have partially die cut letters above your panel.
I rubbed tonic studio glimmer paste on my base panel, behind the word 'YOU' to make a kind of halo. I mounted panel on card base using white foam for dimension.




Added sentiment from MFT stamp set and some enamel dots to finish it off !

For the next card, I just used die cut letters as main element.


I just build the card around that sentiment...:) I think it is self explanatory how I made it. Let me know if you still have any  question about it.
Jar Stamp : Jane's Doodle
'Love' die : PTI
stamped sentiment : PTI
Panel Die : MFT
I hope you like the ideas with alphabet die. Please share your thoughts in the comments. Hugs!
-Neha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. They make my day little brighter!