Pages

Friday, July 29, 2016

Trying New Mediums - Jane's DT

Hey there,

How are you all!
Today, I am sharing two cards. I have used same floral stamp for both the cards. I wanted to try my new mediums- Faber Castell Polychromos pencils and Mission Gold Water Colors. And I find Jane's Doodles Pretty Peonies set a perfect fit to practice colouring.

First card is with pencils.


I am not an experienced person to review the pencils but I am loving these. They are oil base so you can build layers with them which is an experience in itself. The intensity of pigments you can lay on the paper varies with the sharpness of the lead, the angle at you hold the pencil & the pressure you apply to it.  I have used three yellows on a dark grey card stock. Yes, it takes a long time and patience but it pays in the end...:). I am planning to take some online classes to learn more about it. 
I have used MISTI to stamp two exactly identical panels - light oan dark grey. I die cut the dark panel, coloured it with pencils, aligned and mounted it on the light panel with foam adhesive.

For second card, I have use Mission Gold Water colors.


I love distress inks and koi water colors as a water-based mediums but always wanted to try traditional artist water colors and knowing that my son gifted me these on mother's day ...:)! What can I say...they are amazing( my son & colors both)! 
The colors are rich and stays vibrant even after drying. They are very creamy which makes blending very easy. They are very concentrated too so these 15ml tubes will go for years.  Again, I have a long way to go but happy to be well equipped!

I hope you will like my new experiments! Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I would love your feedback.












8 comments:

  1. This is stunningly beautiful !
    cheers
    http://happymomentzz.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colouring on both your cards. I just love how creative the design of the first card is !! The black sentiment looks as though it's slicing through the grey panel( or is it really?) ...your watercolouring is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your new buys and the way you used them Neha! So thoughtful for your son gift them! :) Stunning cards as always!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always in awe of how you design your cards , add coloring to it... fabulous combo !! Loved the striking colors on both the cards ,yellow looks bright on grey panel and the blooms with traditional watercolors are Stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, amazing and fabulous cards... I love love them... I am bit confused to choose one card as my favourite over the other...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these are amazing Neha! Simply stunning work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. both are stunning neha, your tutorials will help many to grow,you excel in card making

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness, you are one very talented lady! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. They make my day little brighter!